Healthcare compliance is one of our favorite things to write, talk, or read about. We live for it. And we spend a lot of time searching the web for fantastic content and killer compliance resources.
Here’s a short list of some of the best compliance websites that offer the most value for compliance professionals.
1. FCPA Blog: The FCPA Blog aims to help compliance professionals learn how “corruption happens and how anti-corruption laws and compliance programs work.” They’ve published a ton of content, over 5,300 posts by over 250 different authors. The FCPA Blog covers all kinds of white-collar crime, including: Cyber Security, Dodd-Frank whistleblower actions and False Claims Act cases: http://www.fcpablog.com/
Be sure to also check out the FCPA Compliance Report. This award-winning blog is written by Thomas Fox, a Houston lawyer with over 30 years of experience. It’s an excellent resource for all things compliance and ethics. Fox’s podcasts are also great for those of you who might want a small dose of compliance during your commute. Fox is a contributing Editor of the FCPA Blog.
2. HCCA: The Health Care Compliance Association is a nonprofit community established in 1996. They host events, provide certification, training, and educational resources. Their website is full of useful articles and podcasts to help compliance professionals to improve and stay on top of all things compliance. Our team always looks forward to their awesome compliance events. The HCCA’s official mission is “to champion ethical practice and compliance standards and to provide the necessary resources for ethics and compliance professionals and others who share these principles.” We think they do a pretty great job at meeting their goal: http://www.hcca-info.org/Home.aspx
3. Wall Street Journal Health: The Wall Street Journal Health blog is a great resource for health news across the board. The blog is written by WS staff writers and the work is exceptional. Posts include: Breaking news, hot topics in general health, health law, hospitals, medicare, Obamacare, and health reform: http://blogs.wsj.com/health
4. Compliance Weekly: An excellent resources for critical risk and compliance issues. While CW doesn’t focus entirely on healthcare, they do cover a lot of healthcare compliance topics. Common topics include accounting and auditing updates, compliance, enforcement actions, regulatory development, compliance risk, and a lot more: https://www.complianceweek.com/
5. AAPC BLOG: We obviously have to give a shout-out to our sister company, AAPC. Their experience and authority on coding, compliance, and auditing are always reflected in their fantastic blog. Check it out here: https://www.aapc.com/blog/category/compliance/