July 2023 OIG Work Plan Updates
The OIG did NOT take a summer break – in fact, they added more Work Plan items in July 2023 than previous months. Take a look at what’s new.
July was a busy month for the OIG! The organization added a significant number of items to its Work Plan, and we reviewed and summarized some key updates for you.
Download our new eBrief, “July 2023 OIG Work Plan Updates,” for an inside look at some crucial areas of focus, including:
- A new high-risk diagnosis codes toolkit
- Heightened scrutiny on the comparison between diagnosis codes and physician claims with inpatient stays
- OIG’s efforts to create a data snapshot of how health risk assessments affect risk adjusted payments
- Emergency preparedness in nursing homes
- Increased focus on how kidney transplant programs' patient selection criteria and related processes may affect the fair and nondiscriminatory distribution of organs