Hello Healthicity community!
Before I begin, I’d first like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Brian Burton and I’ve worked in the healthcare industry for more than 15 years. I’ve spent most of that time developing, implementing, and providing oversight for Compliance and Privacy program initiatives, with the pleasure and opportunity to work with more than one hundred health care facilities. Before joining the Healthicity team, I was responsible for the implementation and oversight of the Compliance and Privacy programs at twelve hospitals, and their affiliated entities across seven different states.
For the short time I’ve been with Healthicity and in light of COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to create a helpful tool that we believe will save time and help you feel confident in your facility’s ability to identify and separate respiratory symptomatic patients from the other patients in your facility.
I can only imagine how difficult it may be for organizations to keep up with all the new COVID-19 information coming from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other sources, whether it’s the guidance on properly separating respiratory patients, or updates on managing their facilities' response to respiratory disease prevention, there’s been no shortage of information to monitor, read, and implement into existing compliance programs.
When designing The COVID-19 Compliance Risk Assessment, our objective was simple: provide an educational resource for continued employee awareness, combined with an easy-to-use Excel worksheet to help ensure your facility can follow the CDC guidance and provide the ability to document your assessments.
Inside our COVID Risk Assessment are five tabs that will take you from assessing your organization's current COVID-19 education efforts, through to a complete assessment that will interactively measure your effectiveness in preventing the spread of respiratory diseases.
How to Use the Toolkit:
1. Assessor should review each of the educational checklists
- Staff Education
- Preparing the Facility
- Equipment and Supplies
- Environmental Services
2. Distribute the education to the appropriate staff
3. Assess Staff Education and Familiarization
- Review each checklist and mark complete once the Assessor has verified education is complete
4. Use the COVID-19 Triage Assessment to Measure the Facility’s Effectiveness in preventing the spread of respiratory disease
- Using the instruction in the “Assessor Guidance”, respond to each question
- Determine if any corrective actions are required
- Follow up on opportunities for improvement
- Save completed assessments and compare results over time
5. Each Assessor can determine the frequency of assessment for ongoing monitoring
So, go ahead and download our latest asset, The COVID-19 Compliance Risk Assessment, so you and your your team can help your organization to quickly and easily:
- Assess Your Staff’s Current Education Levels
- Minimize Gaps in Education Using CDC and OSHA Resources
- Measure Your Effectiveness in Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
You and your staff are all true heroes in health care, thank you for all your efforts and sacrifices. We hope this tool will help relieve some of the daily burdens, regardless if your facility has been overwhelmed with COVID cases or you had a reduction in staff, all of you have contributed to the health and welfare of the communities you serve.
All of us here at Healthicity appreciate you!