Subscribe for Healthcare News, Simplified.
The OIG’s most recent audit work and the accompanying report outlines how hospitals have been incorrectly reimbursed
1. Texas Doctor Pays $2 Million to Resolve False Claims Allegations -
1. Decatur Hospital Authority, d/b/a Wise Health System in Decatur, Texas Will Pay $431,182.96 to the United States
In May 2019, the OIG released audits they’d performed on Home Care agencies. In the end, they reached the conclusion that numerous services were out of compliance.
1. Florida Home Health Services Company Owner and Co-Conspirator Sentenced to Prison for Role in $8.6 Million Health Care Fraud Scheme –
1. Columbus Home Health Care Provider Sentenced for Fraud COLUMBUS, Ohio – “The co-owner of Alpha Star Health Care Inc. was sentenced today in federal court to 18 months in prison for running home health care fraud and tax fraud schemes.” Get the full scoop >>
It’s that time again. The OIG has updated their work plan with January 2019 additions. Here are some of the recent items I thought you’d find of interest.
1. Four Individuals Charged In Widespread Scheme To Defraud Medicare And Other Health Insurance Providers Through Fraudulent Medical Corporations And False Billing Resulting In Tens Of Millions Of Dollars In Losses –