Subscribe for Healthcare News, Simplified.
1. Physician Sentenced to Prison for False Billing Scheme –
1. Clermont Eye Doctors Agree To Pay Over $157,000 To Settle False Claims Act Liability For Improperly Billing Medicare –
1. Columbus Home Health Care Provider Sentenced for Fraud COLUMBUS, Ohio – “The co-owner of Alpha Star Health Care Inc. was sentenced today in federal court to 18 months in prison for running home health care fraud and tax fraud schemes.” Get the full scoop >>
1. Contractor physicians’ Group Shares PHI with Vendor Without a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) -
1. Attorney General Announces Two Medicaid Behavioral Health Fraud Convictions -
1. Colorado Hospital Pays $111,400 for Failure to Terminate Former Employee’s Access to ePHI -
1. United States Joins False Claims Act Lawsuit Against Wheeling Hospital, R & V Associates, and Ronald Violi Based on Improper Payments and Kickbacks to Physicians –
As 2018 comes to an end, compliance professionals are gearing up for 2019 by reading up on rules and regulations, planning to conduct a risk assessment and putting their work plans together.