Subscribe for Healthcare News, Simplified.
1. Healthcare Executive Sentenced to Prison for $4.6 Million Kickback Scheme -
1. South Florida Health Care Facility Owner Convicted for Role in Largest Health Care Fraud Scheme Ever Charged by The Department of Justice
1. Former CEO of Tennessee Pain Management Company Convicted for Role in Approximate $4 Million Medicare Kickback Scheme –
1. Florida Home Health Services Company Owner and Co-Conspirator Sentenced to Prison for Role in $8.6 Million Health Care Fraud Scheme –
1. Genetic Testing Company Agrees to Pay $1.99 Million to Resolve Allegations of False Claims to Medicare for Medically Unnecessary Tests –
1. Columbus Home Health Care Provider Sentenced for Fraud COLUMBUS, Ohio – “The co-owner of Alpha Star Health Care Inc. was sentenced today in federal court to 18 months in prison for running home health care fraud and tax fraud schemes.” Get the full scoop >>
Those of you who have been following my work on the Healthicity blog, my webinars and/or speaking engagements know that one of my topics of choice is the government's increased efforts to hold individuals, not just organizations, accountable for suspected non-compliance.
1. OIG report: Vidant Medical Center Incorrectly Billed Medicare Inpatient Claims with Severe Malnutrition (A-03-15-00011) - Vidant Medical Center (the Hospital), in Greenville, North Carolina, complied with Medicare billing requirements for diagnosis codes 261 and 262 for 11 of the 100 claims that we reviewed.