Demystifying Modifier 59: Your Guide to Correctly Using This Modifier
Modifier 59 is here, there, and everywhere!
It’s one of the most frequently used and misused modifiers in medical coding and billing, and it indicates that a procedure or service was distinct or independent from other services performed on the same day by the same provider.
The confusion stops here. Watch our on-demand webinar, “Demystifying Modifier 59: Your Guide to Correctly Using This Modifier,” for a crash course on correct use.
- The definition and purpose of Modifier 59
- The difference between Modifier 59 and other NCCI-associated Modifiers (XE, XP, XS, and XU)
- The appropriate and inappropriate scenarios for using Modifier 59
- Documentation requirements and best practices
- The common errors and pitfalls to avoid when applying Modifier 59
Presenter: CJ Wolf, MD, CPC, COC, CIA