Welcome back to part four of our ongoing series, ICD-10-CM, Explained.
It’s no secret that we coders and auditors spend a great deal of our time parsing the meaning of the ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines. Not only is it part of our job description, but it makes our lives easier and our work product that much more accurate. But let’s be honest, the never-ending education can become overwhelming.
Which is the exact reason we created this ongoing series, “ICD-10-CM, Explained.” We want to save you time. If you’re new to the series, here's some background:
Our Explainer series consists of Healthicity experts breaking down the complexity of ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines. First, we whittle them down into digestible chunks, then we provide you with real life scenarios that help you better understand them, one-by-one.
In our previous bundle of ICD-10-CM Explained, we covered:
- Section 1.C.6. Diseases of the Nervous System by Vipin Bhardwaj
- Section 1.C.7. Disease of the Eye and Adnexa by Vikas Chawla
- Section 1.C.9. Diseases of Circulatory System by Nafheem Ameen
And this time around we’re moving on to cover three more of our favorite coding guideline sections, which are:
- Section 1.C.10 Disease of the Respiratory System by Cristina Payne
- Section 1.C.13 Disease of the Musculoskeletal System by Julie McLaws
- Section 1.C. 12 Diseases of Skin & Subcutaneous Tissue by Nafheem Ameen
We hope you enjoy this, our fourth volume, as much as the previous volumes. Be sure to keep an eye out for our next ICD-10-CM Explainer in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can quickly and easily download the section here.