Subscribe for Healthcare News, Simplified.
1. Kentucky Lab Agrees to Pay $2.1 Million for False Urine Drug Testing Claims -
The OIG’s most recent audit of an Arkansas Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) resulted from claim data-mining it had previously conducted.
1. $5 Million False Claims Act Settlement -
1. Carolina Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Inc. To Pay $790,000 to Resolve False Billing Allegations –
The OIG recently submitted their semiannual report to Congress. The report summarizes the significant work of the OIG for the reporting period covering October 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018.
1. Oahu Physical Therapist Pleads Guilty To HealthCare Fraud –
1. Healthcare News: Captured Fugitive – “On March 23, 2018, fugitive Antonio Quevedo-Ledo was detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at Miami International Airport after arriving from a flight from Cuba.
If your organization provides outpatient physical therapy services, it’s probably a good idea to become familiar with the OIG’s latest work in this area.